Taze Nicholson cachets

Welcome Forums General Discussion Taze Nicholson cachets

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Does anybody own a complete collection of Taz Nichsolon covers? Does anybody know where to get the catalog of his covers?

Rich Hoffner

There was a booklet published by the late USCS member Ludo Jenssens covering most of the covers done by Taze after his passing. It is a gem! Since its publication many new discoveries have been compiled and I keep that list with my booklet. I have no idea where a copy might be found. And at the moment my copy won’t surface for me.

johnmacco
    Participant

Maybe the USCS can put a pdf file of the Nichsolon catalog as a data sheet?

Steve Shay
    Participant

USCS does not have the rights to the Janseens booklet.  He published it privately.

Rich Hoffner

Scan0003

Rich Hoffner

I found my copy of the Ludo Janssens booklet on Tazewell Gatling Nicholson (Yes, that Gatling). It has no information on when it was printed, if it is copyright or who the publisher is. About ten years ago Ludo stopped answering emails. I was sending him covers I located that were not in his catalog. The first printed page after the cover is the preface.

johnmacco
    Participant

There should be some way to get a file of the catalog to put on the website. Did Janssen sell the booklet? How many pages was the booklet?

Rich Hoffner

John Macco. I think we need some advise on this publication. Perhaps a member in Belgium could track down an Obit for Ludo and see if a family member could be found. They might be able to give us permission to distribute the catalog. There are probably a hundred entries necessary to update his work. He did sell copies of his work and I think it barely covered his costs and postage. There are 112 numbered pages. Most do not have any illustrations.Scan0026

johnmacco
    Participant

Rich- Thanks for the information.

johnmacco
    Participant

any update??

Rich Hoffner

We need to do a little detective work to see if the volume is still under any copyright laws and or try to contact a relative. Two other sources would be member Joe Myles and or MERCATOR Chapter, USCS.LudoJanssens

Rich Hoffner

Be advised that through the efforts of myself and USCS member Neal Mills, permission was granted by the author of the Nicholson “catalog” for the USCS to copyright and sell the works of Tazewell Gatling Nicholson. It is available on this site in PDF format. To this day covers by Taze are still being discovered by collectors.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.