Benefits and Services
As a member, you will receive our monthly award winning journal that, besides having great articles, also includes auctions only available to members. You will also have the opportunity to meet other collectors, and stay in touch with current events in the hobby. Below is a listing on the benefits of membership:
- USCS LOG – Monthly 32-page magazine, color printed, filled with articles of lasting interest about covers related to Navy, Coast Guard, and various other ships. Subjects often include postal history as well as maritime history. In addition, every issue contains auctions and news of current covers you can request. Members may also run advertisements at very low cost.
- USCS HANDBOOK – (Free to new Members) The handbook has detailed articles on the various types of postmarks, and of the benefits of our society.
- LOCAL CHAPTERS – The USCS has chapters throughout the U. S. and Europe that provides the opportunity to meet with friends and neighbors who share your interest. We also have several chapters that are active primarily via a Facebook group that you are welcome to join.
- LOG AUCTIONS – every month in the USCS LOG, auctions are presented that only members can bid on. These are both donated and consigned covers, with a wide variety of older and newer material.
- SALES CIRCUITS – Specialized sales circuits provide the opportunity to add covers to your collection at modest prices. If you have duplicates to sell, our service manager can help you do that.
- ANNUAL CONVENTIONS AND REGIONAL MEETINGS – These provide the opportunity to meet other collectors with similar interests, find new covers for your collection, and to exhibit your covers competitively by accredited judges.
- HEIRS AND ESTATES SERVICE – Is available to families of a deceased member, providing assistance and recommendations if they seek to dispose of a collection.
- MEMBER DISCOUNTS ON PUBLICATIONS – all USCS publications are sold to members at discounted prices.
- MEMBER ASSISTANCE – Is available to members seeking consulting or assistance in a variety of areas. This could be anything from helping a new collector, to information about exhibit, research, or even selling naval covers.